Directorate of Training and Technical Education (DTTE), Delhi
The Directorate of Training and Technical Education (DTTE), Delhi, has been established by the Delhi government to take care of the technical & vocational education of the state and to ensure that Delhi has properly trained technical manpower for the technological progress in industrial production, services, productivity and innovation, making Delhi a world-class city.
To achieve this the department has been making and implementing a lot of policies & plans that will revolutionise the state of vocational education/ skill development in the state of Delhi. The Board of Technical Education (BTE) of Delhi comes under the DTTE and its function is to ensure that the quality of the diploma-level technical education remains the best. It conducts the exam, declares results, awards certificates and affiliated the private technical institutes.
The DTTE also controls many government & private colleges, polytechnics and ITIs:
Government colleges under Delhi University:
- College of Art
- Delhi Technological University (DTU) [erstwhile Delhi College of Engineering (DCE) now]
- Delhi institute of Pharmaceutical Science & Research
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) [erstwhile Delhi Institute of Technology (DIT)]
Government colleges under GGSIPU:
- Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Madhuban
- Bhai Parmanand Institute of Business Studies, Madhuban
- National Power Training Institute, BadarPur
- Ch. Brahm Prakash Govt. Engg. College, Jaffarpur
- G. B. Pant Engineering College, Okhla
- List of polytechnics
- List of Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs)
- Regulation & control of private technical education institutions.
- Board of Technical Education
- Industrial Apprenticeship
Director: Manoj Kumar
Secretary: Punya Salila Srivastava