JMI Engineering Diploma Part Time
University Polytechnic (or Jamia Polytechnic) of Jamia Millia Islamia offers a three-year part-time program in different engineering disciplines. Admission to these programs is made on the basis of the entrance test. Classes are held in the evening from 6 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. Monday to Saturday. There are also practical classes held on Sundays during the day.
Diploma in Engineering (Evening/ Part-Time) courses by Jamia Millia Islamia
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Computer Engineering
Candidates should have one of the following:
- Secondary school certificate or class 10 examination with mathematics and science plus a two-year certificate from Jamia Millia Islamia, ITI or equivalent recognised institute
- Passing the secondary school certificate examination with mathematics and science, and at least two of work experience in the appropriate field.
- 12th class of analogues vocational stream
The admission to the Diploma in Engineering (Evening) course is made on the basis of the entrance examination and experience. The test is three hours in length with a weightage of 130 marks. Professional experience is given a weightage of 40 marks.
The number of seats in each stream are listed below:
- Civil Engineering: 60 seats
- Mechanical Engineering: 60 seats
- Electrical Engineering: 60 seats
- Electronics & Communication Engineering: 60 seats
- Computer Engineering: 60 seats
The test, set in English, has the same syllabus as the Diploma in Engineering (Regular) course.