JMI Seat Reservation
Jamia Millia Islamia offers the following for seat reservations for various categories:
- Five percent of seats in undergraduate and diploma programmes will be filled by students of JMI (see prospectus for further details)
- 30 percent of total seats in each programme are for Muslim applicants
- 10 percent of total seats in each programme are for female applications who are Muslim
- 10 percent of total seats in each programme are for Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates who are Muslim (reservation for Muslim OBC candidates is only applicable to non-creamy layer OBC)
- Three percent of seats in all programmes are for physically challenged persons
Admission procedure for foreign students/NRIs
- Applicants applying for any particular course must fulfill the eligibility criteria for the course as prescribed by the Jamia Millia Islamia department.
- Fifteen percent of seats in all courses may be classified as supernumerary seats. Five percent of these seats are for NRIs, their spouses and dependent children.
- Candidates seeking admission in any course under the NRI category must fulfill the government's NRI criteria.
- For more details and updates on admission guidelines for foreign nationals/NRIs into Jamia Millia Islamia, candidates are advised to visit JMI's website - www.jmi.ac.in.
Visa Requirements: Candidates are only eligible with a student visa/research visa NOT a diplomatic visa.
"Admission Schedule for the Academic Session 2013-2014," JMI, http://jmi.ac.in/upload/admission/admission_schedule_2013.pdf