Medical Institutes in Delhi
This section provides complete information about Medical colleges in Delhi. It also provides the contact details of each and every Medical institute in Delhi. The best Medical institutes in Delhi are covered here. If any Medical institute in Delhi is missing in this list, kindly inform us using our Contact Form. Students studying in Medical colleges in Delhi can also write to us to give their reviews and feedback.
We have made the best efforts to provide accurate information on Delhi Medical colleges. This list of Medical colleges in Delhi is compiled from various authentic sources and hence can be relied upon. Still if there are any errors, please do let us know. Remember, www.Delhieducation.net is your best source for all educational information in Delhi.
Becoming a doctor is a childhood dream for many. Perhaps, there is no other career which commands such a respect and awe as medicine. The power to heal has placed the medical profession several rungs above all others. A doctors profession involves a lot of hard work with a good degree of dedication and at the same time, it also brings with it the satisfaction of having cured people suffering from illness, disease and trauma.
Various branches of Medical education:
- Audiology: The branch of science that deals with hearing imbalances.
- Ayurveda: Study of treatment of diseases through herbs and natural products.
- Dentistry: Study of teeth and various dental problems and their treatments.
- Electropathy: A method of treatment aimed at restoring the balance and symmetry of the human body.
- Homeopathy: The science of treatment of diseases by homeopathic drugs.
- Medical Lab Technology (MLT): MLT or Clinical laboratory science is an allied health profession which is concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease through the use of clinical laboratory tests.
- Microbiology: Microbiology is the study of microorganisms (an organism which can be only seen by microscope)
- Naturopathy: A method of treatment emphasizing self-repair and self-healing.
- Nursing: A noble profession involving the caring and promotion of health of sick individuals.
- Nutrition and Dietetics: For those who want to learn about various nutritional aspects of food items and its efficient uses.
- Occupational Therapy: Occupational therapy is mainly used for treating patients with physical disabilities.
- Optometry: The optometrist is the health-care professional concerned especially with examining the eye for defects and faults of refraction, with prescribing correctional lenses.
- Ophthalmology: Its all about the science of eyes.
- Orthopedics: the branch of surgery concerned with the musculoskeletal system or the locomotor systems.
- Pharmacy: A scientific study of composition and effects of drugs.
- Physiotherapy: The study of science of relieving diseases by physical exercises etc.
- Psychiatry: For those who want to explore the modus-operandi of the human mind and help solve the emotional /mental problems of the people.
- Pathology: Scientific analysis of nature of diseases and especially of the structural and functional changes produced by them in human body.
- Pharmacognosy: Pharmakon meaning drug and gnosis meaning knowledge. Therefore, pharmacognosy means knowledge of drugs to cure human body.
- Radiography: Study of various radiographic machines and their uses in the analysis of diseases.
- Speech Therapy: Speech pathologists treat speech and language disorders.
- Veterinary Science: Study of diseases found in animals and their possible cures.
Delhi is home to the following quality medical educational institutions:
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, 110029
Tel: 91-11-26588500, 91-11-26589900, 91-11-26588700
Fax: 91-11-26588663, 91-11-26588641
- Undergraduate Courses: MBBS, B.Sc.(Hons.)Human Biology: DM & MCh, B.Sc.Courses in Nursing, Audiometry, Ophthalmic, Techniques and Radiography
- Postgraduate Courses: MD, MS & MDS, Master's Degree in Science (M Sc), Master's Degree in Biotechnology (M Biotech), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph D)
Lady Hardinge Medical College
Shaheed Bhagat Singh Road,
Pin - 110001New Delhi
Tel: 23363728, 23363609
- Undergraduate MBBS Diploma Nursing for female candidates
- Postgraduate Degree courses M.D. Medicine,Obstt. & Gynae, Paediatrics, Anasthesia, Dermatology, Radiodiagnosis & Imaging, Community Medicine, Pathology, Physiology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Medical Biochemistry, Forensic Medicine , Psychiatry. M.S. Surgery, Orthopaedics, ENT, Opthalmology, Anatomy Diploma courses DA,DO, DLO, DGO, DCH & DMRD
Maulana Azad Medical College
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
Tel: 011-23239271 to 23239280
- Undergraduate Courses MBBS, BDS
- Post Graduate Courses M.D.in Anaesthesia, Biochemistry including M. Sc., Dermatology including Venerology, Forensic Medicine, Medicine, Microbiology, Obstt.and Gynaecology, Pathology, Paediatrics, Pharmacology, Physiology, Community Medicine, Psychiatry, Radiodiagnosis, Radio-Therapy
- M.S. in Anatomy, E.N.T., Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Surgery
- Post Doctoral Courses D.M. (Cardiology), D.M. (Neurology), M. Ch.Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery, D.M. Gastroenterology, M. Ch. Neuro -Surgery, M.Ch. Gastrointestinal Surgery, M. Ch. in Paediatrics Surgery
Nehru Homeopathic College
New Delhi-110 003
Tel: 24331193, 24334228
For details, Click Here.
Rajkumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing
Lajpat Nagar -4,
Tel: 26435397, 26436788,
- B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing
- Undergraduate M.B.B.S. B.Sc. Radiography
- Postgraduate M.D./M.S. In-service Medical Lab. Tech.
- Postgraduates in pulmonary medicine and allied subjects
Vardhaman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital
New Delhi-110023, India
Tel :011 2619 0763 (Principal), EPABX-282
- Undergraduate Programme MBBS, Undergraduate diplomas are awarded in nursing and prosthetics & orthotics.
- Post-Graduate medical degrees and diplomas are offered in 12 specialties.
- Post-doctoral programme exist in two disciplines - burns & plastic surgery and clinical pathology
Some Other Institutes
Subramaniam Bharti College of Science & Technology
Holambi Khurd Delhi-82, Tel: 27700091
For Detail, Click Here
Baba Haridas College of Pharmacy and Technology
Jaroda Kalan, Delhi-17
Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for the Physically Handicapped
(Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India)
4, Vishnu Digamber Marg, New Delhi 110 002.
Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Science & Research
Pushp Vihar, Sector-3, New Delhi-17
Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi-110062.
Ayurvedic & Unani Tibbia College
Karol Bagh, New Delhi-110 005.
Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Pharmacy & Technology
C-4 Janakpuri, New Delhi-58.
Rehabilitation Council of India
B-22, Qutab Institutioal Area,
New Delhi - 110 016
Tel : 91-11-26532816, 26534287, 26532384, 26532408
Fax : 26534291