Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha
Updated on: Feb 13, 2013
The Akhil Bharatiya Sanskrit Sahitya Sammelan established this institution at Delhi on the auspicious day of Vijaya Dashmi on the 8th of October 1962 and appointed Dr.Mandan Mishra as the officer on-Special-Duty and the Director of the Vidyapeetha.
In accordance with the decision of the Sammelan, a separate Society under the name of Akhil Bharatiya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha was established with the late Prime Minister Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri as its Founder President.
The inspiration and guidance of Late Shri Shastriji had been the impetus for the development of this Vidyapeetha. Shastriji in his capacity as the Prime Minister of India worked actively to make Vidyapeetha as an institution of global repute.
- Faculty of Veda - Vedanga
- Faculty of Darshan
- Faculty of Sahitya and Sanskriti
- Faculty of Adhunika Jnana and Vijnana
1. UG Courses
- Shastri & Shastri Sammanita (Three-years-course)
- Shiksha-Shastri(One-year Course)
2. PG Courses
- Acharya (M.A) (Two-year-course)
- Shikshacharya (One-year Course)
3. Ph.D Courses
- VIDYAVARIDHI (Ph.D.) (A two years research programme)
4. Part time Courses: The following part time certificate and diploma courses are conducted in the Vidyapeetha (One year course in two semesters)
- Jyotisha Diploma Certificate
- Jyotisha Diploma
- Paurohitya Certificate
- P.G Diploma in Vasthushastra(Two Years Course)
Eligibility and Admission Procedure:
For admission to B.A. pass, B.A. (Hons) and M.A, one should have secured at least 40% marks in the entrance exam. For B.Ed. 50% and Ph.D. 55% marks are essential. For SC & ST 5% marks will be exempted on the previous secured marks. Written and oral test will be held for entrance to B.A. first year, B.Ed. and Ph.D. classes. Students whose results are awaited can also sit for entrance test. (for entrance to BA pass and Honors, entrance test will be of intermediate level or senior secondary with Sanskrit or equivalent) For entrance to B. Ed. a separate entrance test is held.
Note: In one academic year examinees can get entrance into any one class only.
SHRI LAL BAHADUR SHASTRI RASHTRIYA SANSKRIT VIDYAPEETHA
Qutub Institutional Area
New Delhi - 110016
Phone: (91) 011- 46060-606
(91)011- 46060-606(30 Lines)(EPABX)
Fax: (91) 011 - 26533512 / 26520255
how to apply for sanskrit b.ed
- Comment #1