Delhi University Admissions 2012
The Delhi University First Cut Off Admission Dates are 26th, 27th, 28th June, 2012. SC, ST candidates can collect slips from Faculty of Arts, North Campus. PH Candidates can collect slips from Conference Centre, Opposite Botany Department, North Campus.
Eligible candidates who meet the requirements of the Second Admission Cut Off List 2012 are required to complete their admission formalities at the concerned colleges from June 29, 2012 to July 02, 2012.
Time for Admission:
For Admission & Registration Schedule for PH (PWD) candidates, Click Here.
- DU notifies corrections for first cut-off list 2012
- DU Announces First Cut Off List 2012
- Original documents must for DU Admissions 2012
- DU CATE 2012 Results Declared on June22
- DU officials say No 100 percent cut-off in 2012
- St Stephen's declares its first cutoff list 2012
- DU Non-Collegiate cutoff 2012 declared
- DU ECA Quota demands better marks now
DELHI UNIVERSITY ADMISSION FORMS 2012
Delhi University will soon make the admission forms available for academic session 2012. The aspirants can start applying for admission to Delhi University from June 4 to 18. DU has decided for the first time to give out the Centralized Online Application forms and Over the Counter forms. The online forms can be accessed on DU official website, while the physical forms will be available at around 12 post offices across the city and at 10 designated colleges. The cost of the form has been doubled to Rs. 100 this year. It is probable that the first cutoff will be declared on June 26, 2012 while the last cut off is scheduled for July 10, 2012 with the new session beginning on July 23, 2012. Five cutoffs are likely to be prepared this time.
No Common Pre-Admission Forms (Centralized or Individual)
There will be no pre-admission or OMR forms from the year 2011. The Delhi University has decided to scrap these forms completely at both university and college level. No students are required to fill any pre-admission forms in any format (Physical or online). However, if for the purpose of student profiling, any college wishes to register students online, this may be done keeping the following points in mind.
a) No students shall be denied admission if he/she has not filled the online college student profile forms.
b) Filling up the online students profile form is purely optional.
c) No charges shall be collected from the students for filling up the online college students profile form.
d) All students who meet the cut-off criteria shall be admitted.
On receiving the cut off marks from the various colleges, the University shall collate these and notify them through print and electronic media as per the schedule. The cut-offs will also be uploaded on the University website. This time the University may declare up to five cut-off lists.
The system of changing colleges remains the same i.e. in case a student takes admission in College A in the first list and thereafter secures admission into College B in the second or subsequent list, he/she is free to change the college. The college must promptly return the documents to the student and the whole process should not take more than 24 hours. The fees from the former college will be refunded.
CATE 2012 will give you all the details of CATE
DU Cut Off Lists For Admissions 2012-2013
| Cut Off List
|| Dates for Cut Off list
First Cut Of List
June 26- June 28
Second Cut Off List
June 29 - July 02
Third Cut Off list
July 03 July 05
Fourth Cut Off list
July 06 - July 09
Fifth Cut Off List
July 10 - July 12
How will the Cut-Off Lists 2012 be prepared?
As has been the practice in previous years, the college shall determine the cut-off marks on the basis of the past admissions, related experience and the class IX result of the School Boards. The colleges shall convey to the University the cut off marks for the various courses (for the General and OBC categories), as per the schedule announced by the University. The office of Dean Students Welfare shall send the information regarding the results of various school boards to the colleges.
Quota Based Entry in DU (2012-2013)
|Issue and receipt of registration forms||June 04, 2012 to June 18, 2012 from 9:30 am to 2 pm||June 04, 2012 to June 18, 2012 from 9:30 am to 2 pm|
|First List||June 26, 2012 at 10 pm|| June 26, 2012 at 10 am |
|Provisional admission slips (First List)||June 26 to June 28 from 10 am to 1pm|| June 26 to June 28 from 10 am to 1pm |
|Payment of Fees (First List)||June 26 to June 28 from 10 am to 1pm (Evening colleges as per their time)|| June 26 to June 28 from 10 am to 1 pm (Evening colleges as per their time) |
| List of available seats and issue and receipt of new option form (only for those who were allotted colleges in the first list, but are opting for change)
||June 30, 2012 from 10 am to 1pm||---|
|Second List||July 03, 2012 at 10 am|| July 03, 2012 at 10 am |
|Provisional admission slips (Second List)||July 03 to July 05 from 10 am to 1 pm||July 03 to July 05 from 10 am to 1 pm|
|Payment of Fees (Second List)||July 03 to July 05 from 10 am to 1 pm (Evening colleges as per their time)|| July 03 to July 05 from 10 am to 1 pm (Evening colleges as per their time) |
Other Important Dates For DU Admission 2012-2013
- Last date of admission (before conversion of OBC seats) July
- Notification for OBC seats by the colleges July
- Last Date of admission for converted seats July
- Last Date of admission after VC condones it August 31
- For evening colleges, fee should be deposited between 4pm and 7pm
- New academic session starts from July
- In the morning shift colleges will conduct admission from 9am to 1 pm
All students who have scored the required marks and meet the announced cut-off criteria shall be admitted in the college. The system of First-Come-First-Serve now stands Null & Void! The students will need to report the college of his/her choice for admission within the stipulated period, just after the declaration of the cut off lists by the University.
The student may at this stage required to fill the college admission form and the University enrollment form and the student should then get his/her documents verified and pay the admission fees. The process of announcement of Cut Off Lists will begin in June second week. ALSO, colleges are now allowed to publish upto 5 cut-off lists, as opposed to the earlier system of publication of maximum 4 cut-off lists. Colleges will not be allowed to put riders like minimum marks in a subject as prerequisite.
Pros & Cons Of The New Admission System At DU!
- The new system will push up the First Cut Off List percentage. However, with the option of the Fifth List as well, students will not suffer much.
- The process has been simplified with a view to reduce the effort and time being consumed in the entire admission process. Students will get more time to concentrate on alternative rather than filling up forms.
- THE SAGA OF ADMISSION PROCESS now wears a changed look. Students associated DU with Common Admission Forms. You're gonna miss that!
Other Important Information
- If you have passed the Senior Secondary Schools Certificate Examination of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any other 10+ 2 standard examinations and aspire to take admission in the under graduate and Post Graduate courses of the colleges and faculty departments under Delhi University, you will get all information on admission scenario, academic session, eligibility for the courses, reservation scheme, documents required for admission and important dates of Delhi University.
- The additional eligibility criteria of each college (such as additional subject requirement and percentage deduction/ relaxation in the various courses) along with their justification are to be supplied to the Dean, Students Welfare Office, so that it can be compiled and published in the University Information Bulletin. The additional eligibility criteria along with their justification shall also be displayed on the University website along with the cut off marks for various courses. Hence the additional eligibility criteria should be kept to the minimum possible and the rationale justification for each of the criterion adopted, should be clearly spelt out to satisfy the requirement of transparency and public scrutiny.
- The additional eligibility criteria between the first cut off list and any subsequent cut off list should remain the same and hence no college shall be permitted to change the same.
- Open Days will be organized by the University in order to provide information on various admission related aspects and also to answer any queries, put forward by the students. The University will also be introducing the e-Open Days (24x7), which can be viewed by students anywhere just by logging on to the University website. The University shall also run telephonic help lines for the students. Moreover, the colleges are free to organize open days at their end and to set up help lines and web based assistance.
General InformationAge Limit: For admission to under graduate courses there is no minimum age bar. But in the professional courses, which are regulated by regulatory bodies like MCI, AICTE, etc, you are needed to fulfill the prescribed minimum age limit criteria.
If your application for admission to the under graduate courses under the Delhi University belongs to any of the categories, such as, Examining bodies of Boards or Association of Indian University or University Grants Commission or Ministry of Human Resource Development then it will be considered by the respective college or department in terms of various recommendations which are as follows:
If you have obtained a degree from any of the university, which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities or University Grants Commission or Ministry of Human Resource Development or if your degree is recognized by any bilateral agreement, which is considered equivalent to corresponding degrees of DU, the respective admission committee will consider it accordingly for further evolvement procedure.
If you have passed the qualifying examination from any other Board, which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities or Central Board of Education, you will get equal value for getting admission to the Senior School Certificate of Central Board.
If you have passed different school examination of foreign universities or Boards and if they are recognized by the Equivalence Committee, then you will be considered equally competent for taking admission in the undergraduate level.
- Character and migration certificates from the institution last attended
- Certificate of date of birth (normally the secondary school certificate)
- Subject-wise mark-sheet of the last public examination
- SC/ST certificate where applicable
- Certificate of having passed the lower Hindi test (if exemption from compulsory test in Hindi is sought)
- Medical fitness and participation certificates for admissions on the basis of sports and extra-curricular activities
- Three copies of a recent passport-size photograph
sir, i think i will get compartment in b.st in 12 board.2013 , so sir can i get admission in amity college,delhi or any du colleges ,after clear my compartment exam. please help me
- Comment #1