Amar Jyoti Institute of Physiotherapy
Amar Jyoti Institute of Physiotherapy (AJIPT) is one college which holds excellent credit for carrying out 32 subject-wise distinctions and 66 first divisions as per previous years records. The college started offering undergraduate education leading to the award of B.Sc Degree in 1999. It's a venture of Amar Jyoti Charitable Trust.
The University of Delhi (DU) provides affiliation to Amar Jyoti Institute of Physiotherapy (AJIP).
In its overall mission to serve the health-care needs of the society the Amar Jyoti Institute of Physiotherapy has provides education and training for physiotherapy practitioners. The institute considers physiotherapy as a profession that promotes human health and function through the application of scientific principles to prevent, identify, assess, correct or alleviate conditions that arise as a result of various pathologies and/or movement dysfunctions.
Bachelor in Physiotherapy (BPT) - BPT is a 4 ½ years full time undergraduate course with compulsory 6 months internship.
Number of seats
There are 30 seats on offer for the BPT course. The seat distribution is as follows:
General - 14
SC - 4
ST - 1
Orthopedically Handicapped - 1
NRI sponsored - 6
The candidates must have passed their class 12 or equivalent exam with 50% marks or more (45% marks or more for reserved category) in the aggregate of four subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English Core) provided the student has passed each subject separately.
As the profession of physiotherapy involves the diagnosis and treatment of a number of health related disorders using a variety of physical and electronic therapeutic modalities that are part of electrotherapy, actinotherapy and exercise therapy, it is necessary that the applicants meet the minimum physical requirements needed to practice this profession safely. The applicants should meet the following minimum physical criteria to pursue BPT:
- The ability to see clearly with/without glasses and should be able to appreciate colors and depth perception
- The ability to feel and appreciate tactile sensations including heat, cold etc.
- The ability to hear and speak clearly in order to be capable of communicating effectively with patients
- The ability to monitor a patient with balance and coordination deficits.
- They should not have any neurological or musculo-skeletal deformity/disability, including but not limited to cognitive impairments, coordination, sensory, motor deficits, which may prevent the individual to diagnose and treat patients in a safe manner.
- The upper and lower limbs should be free from any assistive aids that may restrict the application of any physiotherapeutic modalities and / or therapeutic exercises.
- They should have good standing, sitting and dynamic balance.
- They should not have problems grasping and gripping objects of various shapes and sizes. Also the applicant should not have any hand conditions which prevent him/her from writing normally
Candidates will be evaluated/assessed by a committee set up by the institute prior to the final admission of the candidate.
Entrance Exam Pattern
Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit in an entrance examination conducted by the University of Delhi. The examination will be of three hours duration and shall consist of objective type questions that are based on the Senior School Certificate (10+2) curriculum of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and will also include questions in General Knowledge and English.
Last date to issue prospectus by post: 27 May, 2013
Last date to submit completed application forms: 5 June, 2013
Entrance exam: 8 June, 2013
AJIPT Contact Details
Amar Jyoti Rehabilitation & Research Centre
Karkar Dooma, Vikas Marg, Delhi-110 092
Phone : 22379827, 22375512
Fax : 22372521
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Delhi Education Profile and Colleges Under Delhi University, keep surfing delhieducation.net