DU SOL Undergraduate Admissions 2013
Undergraduate admissions at the School of Open Learning (SOL), starts in the month of June and is advertised in the leading National Newspapers. The date and availability of the Prospectus is also specified in the advertisement. The students are required to submit the attached forms duly completed along with the supporting documentation as specified in the Prospectus.
The Prospectus can be obtained either from the Main Centre at North Delhi Campus or from the South Study Centre at South Moti Bagh, New Delhi, Monday through Friday between 9.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m.
The Admission cum Enrollment form attached with the Prospectus has to be filled in capital letters only and by the student's own handwriting. Detailed instructions for filling up the form are supplied in the Prospectus itself and students must take care to follow the same. The form has to be submitted along with the relevant documents.
The students are advised to write their Name, Course applied for and Application Form No. on the back side of Demand Draft. Before submitting the form the candidates must keep a photocopy of the form and Demand Draft with him/her for ready reference.
Instructions For Completing the Admission Cum Enrollment Form
- The admission form has to be filled in capital letters only and by the student's own handwriting.
- The date of birth of the applicant entered in the application for admission must be the same as recorded in Matriculation / Higher Secondary / Senior School Certificate Examination or equivalent certificate. The applicant is liable for disciplinary action including removal from the rolls. If the particulars furnished in the application form are found to be incorrect, defective or wrong.
- The name and spelling in the Form for Admission should be the same as given in the certificate of the last examination i.e., Senior School Certificate Examination / Intermediate Examination or an examination equivalent thereto.
- The medium of instruction and Subjects/Papers offered for the course should be properly filled in the Form.
- Information with regard to the maximum marks of the last examination passed, the marks obtained and the subjects studied in XII class must be provided at the appropriate place in the Form.
- The students are advised to write their Name, Course applied for and Application Form No. on the back side of Demand Draft. Before submitting the form the candidates must keep a photocopy of the form and Demand Draft with him/her for ready reference.
- Please refer to the Prospectus for instructions to fill up the form for Courses, Medium, Subject details and Code List of Council of Boards of Senior Secondary Education in India.
DU SOL UG Admission Procedure
- Submit your Admission-cum-Enrollment Forms with enclosures and receive Fee Receipt.
- Bring your fee receipt and original certificates for verification. You can collect your Identity Card after 30 days of submission of Form, provided your form is complete in all respects. Names of the candidates whose forms are incomplete will be displayed. The candidates should make the necessary corrections.
- You can collect your study material from Window Numbers 15 and 16 at the North Campus Main Centre by producing your Identity Card / Fee Receipt.
- The Library Cards will also be issued on showing your Identity Card and Fee Receipt.
DU SOL Online Application 2013
You can also apply online to the School of Learning. You may visit https://sol.du.ac.in/onlineSOL/ to access the online application form. Keep the following points in mind while applying online:
- Before filling up the Application Form, please ensure that you meet all the eligibility criteria for the course
- The fee structure for various courses
- Carefully fill in the details making sure all information entered is correct
- Upload a recent scanned photograph in the JPG format. The digital size of each file must be less than 12 kb and resolution 100 pixels (width) x 120 pixels (height) (optional).
- Upload recent scanned signature in the JPG format. The digital size of each file must be less than 12 kb and resolution 140 pixels (width) x 60 pixels (height) (optional).
- Make the payment through a credit card (Visa, Master or Maestro) or debit card or SBI Net Banking. Extra amount to be paid for commission: 1.25% on debit & credit card and Rs. 20 on SBI challan
- Take a print out of the filled in application form and along with the following self attested photocopies of certificates, mail it to:
SCHOOL OF OPEN LEARNING,
5 Cavalry Lane, University of Delhi,
Documents to be mailed along with print out of filled in application form:
- Self attested photocopy of the class 10th or equivalent exam's mark sheet
- Self attested photocopy of the class 10th or equivalent exam's certificate
- Self attested photocopy of the class 12th or equivalent exam's mark sheet in 2013, are allowed to submit the original provisional certificate.
- Original Migration Certificate of the respective Board (CBSE, NIOS, UP board, Bihar board etc.)
- Self attested photocopy of Reserve Category Certificates of the candidates, if applicable (for example SC/ST/PC etc.)
- Latest Original Income Certificate, if applying for fee concession.
- Self attested photocopy of BPL Ration Card as well as Original Income Certificate if applying for financial assistance.
Note: Candidates are required to produce all the Original Certificates at the time of verification.
Fee Payment through SBI Challan
- Select Challan for payment through Challan system.
- Download Bank Challan, print it and deposit required applicable fee at nearest branch of State Bank of India.
- Bank charges (commission) are Rs 20.
- Bank Challan contains last date of admission after that date, the student has to submit late fee of Rs. 200/- etc.
- Admission will be confirmed within two working days of depositing the fee. After that the student can get the print out of form and fee receipt from the Sol website.
- Post (mail) the signed exam form and current year mark sheet to
SCHOOL OF OPEN LEARNING,
5 Cavalry Lane, University of Delhi,
DU SOL UG Admission Dates 2013
Interested students can purchase the prospectus and application form between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. from Monday to Friday. Sale of forms will not take place during the lunch break (1 p.m. - 1.30 p.m.) The sale of forms will take place at the following centres:
- School of Open Learning, North Campus, University of Delhi
- South Study Centre of SOL, South Moti Bagh, New Delhi
The important dates for all admission related activities for the academic session 2013 -14 are:
- Starting of sale and receipt of application forms: 27 May, 2013
- Last date for receiving applications without late fee: 14 August, 2013
- Applications received with late fee of Rs.200: 16 August - 2 September, 2013
- From B.A. Programme to B.Com
- From B.Com to B.A. Programmme
- From B.A. (Hons)/ B.Com (Hons) to B.A. Programme/ B.Com
- From B.A. Programme/ B.Com to B.A. (Hons)/ B.Com (Hons)
- B.A. Program-Discipline/Language
- B.A. (Hons) Program-Concurrent
- Inter-University Migration
- Regular College to School of Open Learning in II/III year with same subject & same course(only annual mode)
- School of Open Learning to a Regular College III year with same subjects & same course (only annual mode)
Other Important Dates
- Date of Commencement of Examination: June 07, 2013
- Last Date of Submission of Examination: May 24, 2013
- Date of Commencement of Examination: June 06, 2013
- Last Date of Submission of Examination: May 23, 2013
Documents to be Submitted with the Application
For more information about the documents to be attached along with the application form. Click Here.